Basic Skills Division Changes Name to College and Career Readiness
MG阿拉德之怒官网YVC’s Basic Skills Division has long served adults in our community seeking to increase basic proficiency in many areas, including life skills, work readiness, and communication in English. Now, the department will continue its mission under a new name: College & Career Readiness.
“The name change was a faculty-led effort to change the connotations associated with Basic Skills,” stated College & Career Readiness Dean Marc Coomer. “College & Career Readiness is asset-based language as opposed to deficit-based. It puts emphasis on students’ potential and goals, instead of focusing on gaps in learning and the other challenges students face as a result of barriers.”
MG阿拉德之怒官网YVC’s College and Career Readiness (CCR) Division offers Adult Basic Education, English Language Acquisition, GED Preparation, and multiple options to complete a high school diploma. CCR also offers I-BEST programs that allow students to earn a certificate at the same time they are developing their college and career readiness skills. I-BEST programs are available in Nursing Assistant, Business Technology, Information Technology, Agriculture, and Early Childhood Education. CCR programs are available at locations throughout the valley. Call for site-specific course offerings and schedules. Assistance is available in both English and Spanish.
- Yakima Campus: 16th Avenue and Nob Hill Blvd., Yakima, WA 98902 509.574.6850
- Grandview Campus: 500 West Main Street, Grandview, WA 98930 882.7000
- Ellensburg Learning Center: 401 E Mountainview, Ellensburg, WA 98926 925.4011
- Sunnyside Learning Center: 2590 Yakima Valley Hwy, Sunnyside, WA 98944 837.9623
- Toppenish Learning Center: 720 W. 3rd Ave, Toppenish, WA 98948 834.4550
YVC College & Career ReadinessMG阿拉德之怒官网 is now enrolling students.